The Director of Safeguarding is responsible for the coordination of all safeguarding practices by:
- Directing and implementing the child safeguarding policy
- Liaising with and supporting ministries and communities to ensure implementation of local policies and procedures
- Liaising with the Child Safeguarding Committee and the Advisory Panel
- Ensuring that all child safeguarding personnel are kept up to date with practice, as communicated from the NBSCCCI (National Board for Safeguarding Children in the Catholic Church in Ireland)
- Reporting directly to the Church Authority on all child safeguarding issues.